Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mid West Hospitality


It's Sunday afternoon - we've had the most awesome reception here in Madison. The people here have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. I have just had a foot massage and they feel wonderful now - being clipped in makes your feet feel very tired at the end of the day.

I have had my first lesson on doing bike maintenance today as well - you stand there with your bike and pretend you know what you are doing and others will offer advice. I have some plastic gloves with me to keep my hands clean (a real women thing) but I did see a man doing the same thing so I wasn't the only one trying to keep my hands clean. Riding on wet roads does make the chain gritty and dirty. Some of the cyclists spend time every day cleaning their bikes - Joe cleaned my bike in Denver and I did oil it once since. It was long overdue to attend to my bike.

Last night I did choose to sleep indoors - the mosquitos were bad and it was dropping down to below 60 so we found some couches in the youth area and bunked down there for the night. Will repeat that again tonight so I will not have to pack up a wet tent in the morning. Only 5 more sleeps in the tent before Joe comes to Grand Rapids with the trailer - can't wait. When I spoke to him yesterday he asked if I was more excited about him coming or the trailer. Of course I told him I loved him and was looking forward to him coming.

The celebration service this morning was great - a good time of praise and worship followed by a good message and then we were fed an awesome lunch. The services have been following the fruits of the spirits in their themes. Today's was on "Faithfulness" - good to have heard.

This was the message painted on the front doors of the church welcoming us yesterday afternoon.


Others are waiting to use the church computer so I will sign off for today.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret!!

I am sooooooo thrilled to read how well you are doing and glad to hear you will see Joe again soon!! I think of you daily and pray you are well. What an amazing journey!!

Love Sue

Sarah said...

Hi Margaret,
Your cousin Sarah Boonstra-Boer here. We on the Grand Rapids Sea to Sea committee are all so looking forward to having you all here! I will be driving down to South Haven on Thursday to get an exact count of all the cyclists who will need housing for the weekend, who will stay at their own homes, and who prefers to camp. I will also be in Grand Haven on Friday night with my husband and my three children to help serve the evening meal. I'm so glad you all have had a bit cooler weather-it looks pretty good here for the weekend-not too hot. See you soon.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hello Margaret,
Reading your blog here in cool MI. Think and pray for you daily. Happy for you that things are going so well and how much care you receive when you come to big cities. Say hi to Ralph F for me. Love you. Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi, Margaret, So proud of what you are doing! Good for you. I can well imagine that it will be good to see Joe again AND sleep in a trailer for the rest of the time. Comfort is a relative thing, right? To some a trailer is "roughing it" but to you it now seems like a luxury. Looking forward to seeing you in Beamsville or most likely St. Catharines. SHALOM from Roelie

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret
You sound like you are having a wonderful experience. Love reading you blog to get a sense of the tour. Three Hamiltonians rode to Port Dover today (125KM)to make sure we are ready when you join you all next week. Can't wait to connect with you and talk to you in person.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret,
looking forward at seeing you tomorrow in niagara.
we have been thinking and praying for you,for strenght.endurance, and a life time experience you will not soon forget! neither will we!!
see ya soon,love you ,Hein,Jose and the kids