Friday, August 29, 2008

Night before the final ride......

Tonight all the thank you's were made to those who helped make this trip possible - so many people were involved and in all different ways. Tonight's supper was hosted by the Goshen CRC and Sussex, NJ CRC - they put on the biggest and best buffet supper I've seen in a long time.

Joe was able to cycle for the last three days and he thoroughly enjoyed himself which means that I did not cycle - the hills in this part of the country were just too much for me when I could not use my granny gear - they were just too long and too steep to master using only the mid range. I do plan to cycle tomorrow.......

Today's ride was supposed to be one of the toughest on the tour according to the organizer and it was very interesting to hear the rider's comments as they came to the spot where I was at SAG - the young ones all loved the rolling hills, the older riders had mixed reactions - most people made it in but there were a few that had to be driven in. Sore knees seems to be a major problem. Many flat tires also today and a few falls - these are statistics that are recorded each day.

Speaking of weather, we have been blessed with such great weather - today there was cloud cover for most of the day which was a real blessing and it was not too hot out. It's muggy right now and there is a 30% chance of rain over night and there was a few rain drops as I walked into the school to use the computer so we will hope for a great day tomorrow. It would be such a shame if the weather isn't nice for the end of the tour.

We're up once more at 5:00 to get ready for the day....can't wait until I'm home again and can sleep in. Talking about sleep - I had better get back outdoors to our trailer to get some sleep in preparation for a very busy day tomorrow. Next post will probably be from home....

No comments: